I have been getting alot of questions about where I get my polymer clay and materials.
So I decided to just post everything here to help you guys out. :D
-Do note that this is only for people living in Singapore. -
First off: Polymer Clay
- I buy mostly Fimo Soft, and you can get them from Popular Stores. I get mine from the Bras Basah outlet and also from the white sands outlet. If you find Fimo from other outlets do comment below to let other users know as not everyone lives in the East. ;D
- If you are looking for Sculpey clay, you can find them at Artfriends the Bras Basah (again) outlet or the Orchard outlet. You can also find Sculpey 3 at Spotlight located at Plaza Singapura, although they are a little pricier there.
- I have also found limited stocks of Sculpey clay and Kato at Creative Hands at the HarbourFront outlet.
Next up: other materials
I strongly urge you guys to take a trip to Daiso! Everything only cost $2 there, and you can find a lot of things that can be used for polymer clay.
Such things include:
- Cookie Cutters! You can't get enough of cookie cutters as they definitely make our task easier. They also come in all shape and sizes for you to choose.
- Icing tips and icing bags (?) As you would have seen from my video, i did introduce a whip cream dispenser. The dispenser was rather helpful, although the plastic icing tip did not do a really good job of 'cutting' the cream.
- Clay. They stock both air dry and polymer clay, though i wouldn't recommend buying the clay.
- Craft Knife. Extremely helpful and useful for cutting clay into uneven shapes. A must have!
- Seaweed/Nori and Paper Punches! These punchers only cost SGD$2 each and is surely a must have as it could be used for both paper and clay.
- Oyumaru Modelling Material. I have been searching for this 'clay' for a long time as I heard it can be found in Daiso. Unfortunately for me, I have never had the chance of finding it. If there is any kind soul out there reading this, please help me out by telling me which outlet and which section did you find it. (pretty please?)
Edit: I have found the oyumaru molding material! I've done a tutorial on it.
- Acrylic paints! You can get these very cheaply at popular, and i recommend getting these if you only need a small amount of the paint, instead of getting big bottles.
- Glass Bottles: I use these glass bottles to store candies/marshmallows, which totally brings up the cuteness to a whole new level! It is sold in packs of 6 at $2.50
- Fimo Deko Gel: I once spotted fimo deko gel at the white sands popular! It is more expensive than TLS, however, its more transparent than TLS, so it is very good for making soups ect.
- Translucent Liquid Sculpey (TLS): Lots of people have asked me about this, so now i'm letting you know where to find this! Sold in both small and big bottles.
- Sculpey Glaze: Can be found in both gloss and satin.
- Needle tool: Very cheap, only cost about $2 plus and very convenient to have around!
- Razor Blade: Must have! Cuts clay very easily and convenient as well. However, prone to rusting so limit exposure to water and air. Otherwise, you can also buy a new pack when all blades have rusted.